Broiled Tilapia Parmesan
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup Land-o-Lakes Spreadable Butter with Canola Oil
3 T. Kraft Mayonnaise made with olive oil
2 T. lime juice (I used the little plastic lime kind!)
1/4 t. dried basil
1/4 t. ground black pepper
1/8 t. onion powder
1/8 t. season salt (I'm leaving this out next time. It was kind of salty for us.)
2 lb. tilapia fillets
- Preheat your oven or toaster oven's broiler. I used our toaster oven. It's quite large, and it's made for broiling meals. Line a pan with aluminum foil, and spray it with olive oil cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together everything except the fish. Set aside.
- Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over, and broil for another 3 minutes.
- Remove the fillets from the oven, and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side.
- Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and bubbly. Can I just tell you how yummy this looked as it got browned and bubbly??? The fish should also flake easily with a fork. Be careful not to overcook!
This got a YUM rating from me, my husband, and my daughter! I served this with baked yams. It was a simple meal, but very good! And I couldn't believe how quickly the fish cooked in our little toaster oven broiler. I'll definitely do that again!