Then I opened the package and realized that these were NOT my mother's drawer organizers! Take a look.
The drawer organizers interlock with one another. This is a great feature, because you can create any configuration that fits both your needs and your drawer space. Plus, the interlocking feature ensures the drawer organizers stay together when you open and close your drawer and reduces the chance of small objects following through cracks and becoming lost.
But... My mom's drawer organizers did that.
There is also non-slip material built into the inside of each organizer piece. The set I received was black with a tan floral non-slip pattern inside. It was really pretty! The pattern featured on the drawer organizers is unique and will hopefully help make your drawer more pleasing to look at.
I totally forgot to take BEFORE pictures for you, but rest assured that these drawers were A MESS. I couldn't believe how much junk I pulled out of our junk drawer. And we have a pretty small junk drawer! I found a ton of paperclips, more bread twist-ties than we could ever use in a lifetime, and some batteries that were starting to corrode. Ick!
I started by removing everything from the drawer. I laid it all out on my kitchen table and started sorting. I put a few things where they should have been, threw away what was trash, and kept just what we needed. Here's the finished product.
I took this picture about a week and a half ago. Would you believe that the drawer still looks like this? The non-slip features really do their job! (And notice that I kept a few of the bread twist-ties. You never know when those will come in handy!) I now smile when I open this drawer, because everything has its own little compartment.
Since my junk drawer is so skinny, I wasn't able to use one of the pieces from the organizing set. So I headed over to my pot holder drawer with it. I didn't want to put pot holders in it. In fact, I have a my Box Tops for Education, Campbell's Labels, and a kitchen timer stashed in that drawer. The problem is that they're always buried under the pot holders. Not any more....
Now it's much easier to slip a Box Top into the bag when I find one. I don't have to dig through the whole drawer any more. Just opening the drawer makes me feel more organized! (And I've written myself a note to buy some new potholders. You don't realize how yucky yours look until you take pictures of them for your blog. I think these may have been wedding presents 15 years ago.)
Now it's your turn!
Want to get your drawer spaces more organized? You can start with this Junk Drawer Organization Tip post from Rubbermaid's solutions pages. You can also print a coupon good for $1.00 off any Rubbermaid kitchen product.
If you would like to enter to win your own set of Rubbermaid drawer organizers, there are five ways to enter to win:
- Visit Rubbermaid's company blog, Adventures in Organization, and tell me what your favorite organizing idea/post is. This is one of the BEST company blog sites I've ever seen! Be sure to leave your email address or link to your Blogger profile (if it's public) so that I can contact you if you win.
- Become a follower of this blog. You can follow by adding this site to your Google Reading list, or you can click the Follow button on the right side of this page. Once you sign up, leave a comment alerting me that you are following. Already a follower? Just leave me a comment letting me know.
- Subscribe to this blog's daily email update. This gets you a single daily update email at the end of each day. If there are any posts at all, you get one email with all of them. If there aren't any posts, then you don't get an email. I promise to never give your email address to ANYONE else, and I don't email my list anything but the daily updates. If you already subscribe, leave a comment letting me know. If you sign up to subscribe, leave a comment letting me know.
- Post this giveaway on your blog. If you do a post, leave a link directly to the post in the comments section here.
- Add me to your blogroll. This can be via my button or text, however your blogroll is set up. If you use buttons, please use my new one, replacing any older versions that might be out there. The code is directly below the button on the left side of this page. If you do this, leave a comment letting me know. Include your blog site address so that I can check it out! If you already have my button on your blog, please update the image and leave me a link. I'll stop by to say hello.
If you're entering more than once, please leave separate comments letting me know what you did. If you do four different things to enter but only leave one comment, you only end up with one entry. Instead, leave a comment for each method of entry that you use.
The winner will be chosen randomly on Saturday, March 6 at 9:00 p.m. EST. Good luck!
Disclosure: I received a free set of drawer organizers from Rubbermaid. Rubbermaid is also supplying a free drawer organizer set for my giveaway winner. The reviews here are my own honest opinions of the product and were not influenced by the free organizer sets.